Programme & Year:
MMus, 1st year
Research and lecturing.
Top 5 must-hear music:
1. Cyrillus Kreek — Psalms 1 Taaveti laul no. 104
2. Felix Mendelssohn — Piano Concerto No. 1 in g minor, Op. 25: 2nd movement (Inspired by Matthys Coetzee)
3. Wagner — “Pilgrim’s Chorus” from Tannhäuser
4. Franz Schubert — Nacht und trauma & Rajaton — Dobbin’s flowery vale
5. Claude-Michel Schönberg — “Bring him home” from Les Misérables
Which personal music experiences are most memorable to you?
2011: Singing at the ATKV Musiqanto semi-finals in Port Elizabeth
2014: Performing J.S Bach’s Weihnachtsoratorium in Laukaa (Finland)
2015: Presenting my honours proposal at the University of Witswatersrand
2015: Watching One Republic live at the Coca Cola Dome
Top 5 must-read books:
1. To kill a mockingbird by Harper Lee
2. Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
3. Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts
4. A clockwork orange by Anthony Burgess
5. Man’s search for meaning by Victor Frankl
Top 5 must-see movies:
1. White Chicks directed by Keenan Ivory Wayans
2. Escape from Sobibor directed by Jack Gold
3. Dis ek, Anna directed by Sara Blecher
4. Amadeus directed by Milos Forman
5. The theory of everything directed by James Marsh
Which television shows can you watch over and over again?
Friends, Modern Family.
How do you relax?
I lie on my couch and watch How to get away with murder.
Which places would you still like to visit?
I would like to visit New York, Sweden, London, Germany, and I would go again and again to Finland.
What is your favourite moment of the day/week/year at the Conservatory?
Concert nights on Tuesday … There is always something new I learn from the variety of performances.