Date of appointment:
1 July 2007
Music Theory & Keyboard Skills
The therapeutic use of music
Who are/were your professional mentors/inspiration?
Prof Bertha Spies
Top 2 must-hear music:
2. Kelly Clarkson
Which personal music experiences are most memorable to you?
1. The first time my father took me to the State Theatre in Pretoria — I was 12 years old and it was a production of Turandot.
2. The opera tours with Prof Werner Nel and the students from the vocal department — always LOADS of fun.
Top 3 must-read books:
1. An Unfinished Life by D Spragg
2. All Stephen King books
3. All James Patterson books (Alex Cross series)
“Success is the best revenge.”
Top 5 must-see movies:
1. My Sister’s Keeper, Letters to God, City of Angels
2. The Matrix trilogy
4. Dead Poets’ Society
5. Schindler’s List, A Beautiful Mind, The Odd Life of Timothy Green, E.T., Top Gun, Lien se lankstaanskoene, The Notebook, and many more … I love a good movie!
Which television shows can you watch over and over again?
Will and Grace, The Graham Norton Show, Everybody Loves Raymond, The Golden Girls, The Dog Whisperer
Italian, Italian, Italian (any pasta and pizza)
French Vanilla Latte, a good bottle of red wine with the Italian food
How do you relax?
Reading a good book or watching a good movie in my pyjamas, spending time nature, any quality time I spend with my daughter.
Which places would you still like to visit?
What is the ringtone on your cell phone?
What is your favourite moment of the day/week/year at the Conservatory?
When I arrive at work early in the morning and smell the aroma of freshly-made coffee (thanks to a wonderful colleague!)