Knowing Me, Knowing You — Ms Mandie van der Merwe
Introducing the new secretary at the School of Music, Ms Mandie van der Merwe.
Date of appointment:
1 November 2014
Who are/were your professional mentors/inspiration?
Prof Marlene Viljoen, what an amazing woman!
Top 5 must-hear music:
1. Johnny Cash — Walk the line
2. Smokey Robinson — Promise me son
3. Tammy Wynette — I don’t want to play house
4. Neil Diamond — I am I said
5. Austin Roberts — Rocky
Which personal music experiences are most memorable to you?
Golden oldies …
Top 5 must-read books:
1. Sondebok by Irma Venter
2. Dis ek, Anna by Elbie Lotter
3. Eagle in the sky by Wilbur Smith
4. Wild justice by Wilbur Smith
5. Men are from Mars, women are from Venus by John Gray
• “The body achieves what the mind believes.” — Jim Evans
• “Die lewe is ‘n lied!”
Top 5 must-see movies:
1. City of Angels
2. Analyze That
4. Dirty Dancing
5. Pretty Woman
Which television shows can you watch over and over again?
Seafood and Italian
Coffee, red wine
How do you relax?
Love to do creative things, listen to music, read.
Married, with two daughters, 18 and 13 years old.
Which places would you still like to visit?
What is the ringtone on your cell phone?
Elvis Blue — Elke mens
What is your favourite moment of the day/week/year at the Conservatory?
The nice, warm welcome and so many friendly faces on my first day at the Conservatory was special.