Knowing Me, Knowing You — Ms Antoinette Olivier
Date of appointment:
1 July 2012
Honours BMus, Opera Diploma
Voice & Voice Pedagogy
Who are/were your professional mentors/inspiration?
Emma Renzi, Renee Fleming.
Top 5 must-hear music:
1. J Canu — Epilogue, sung by Renee Fleming
2. Giordano — La mamma morte from Andrea Chenier, sung by Aprile Millo
3. Mahler — Ich hab den Welt abhanden gekommen, sung by J van Dam
4. Cent Mille Chansons, sung by Frieda Boccara
5. Verdi — Ricordare from Requiem, sung by L Price & F Cossotto
Which personal music experiences are most memorable to you?
World première of Hendrik Hofmeyr’s cycle for soprano and orchestra.
Top 5 must-read books:
1. To kill a mockingbird by Harper Lee
2. People of the lie by M Scott Peck
3. As I walked out one midsummer’s morning by Laurie Lee
4. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
5. Goeiemôre, mnr. Mandela by Zelda le Grange
“Lie is so unmusical a word.”
Top 5 must-see movies:
1. Cinema Paradiso
2. The English Patient
3. Babette’s Feast
4. Il bacio di Tosca (The kiss of Tosca)
Which television shows can you watch over and over again?
Sushi, ice cream
Champagne, whisky, water
How do you relax?
A bit of gardening, watching DVD, reading.
Family (spouse / children):
Sebastiaan & Oskar … ginger felines.
Which places would you still like to visit?
What is the ringtone on your cell phone?
What is your favourite moment of the day/week/year at the Conservatory?
First day of practical exams.