Knowing Me, Knowing You — Duduzile Mkhwanazi [student]
Programme & Year:
BA Music & Society, 3rd year
My goal is to become an Opera Performer and teach other South Africans more about opera music, that it is not only about singing, but it also helps with social and mental development.
Top 5 must-hear music:
1. Antonín Dvořák — Song to the Moon (Rusalka)
2. Vashawn Mitchel — Nobody Greater
3. Tamela Mann — Take Me to the King
4. Israel Houghton & New Breed — Jesus at the Center
5. Zanini Nonke (Zulu song from Lutheran Hymn Book)
Which personal music experiences are most memorable to you?
Taking part in the South African Schools Choral Eisteddfod (SASCE) Nationals in 2011 and 2013 held at Randburg Rhema Church.
Top 5 must-read books:
1. Safe Refuge by Nina Smit
2. My Goodnight Prayer by Kathy Parks
3. The Power of a Praying Woman by Stormie Omartian
4. I am the messenger by Markus Zusak
5. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
“I have many problems in my life. But my lips don’t know that. They always smile.” — Charlie Chaplin
Top 5 must-see movies:
1. Heaven is for real
2. War Room
3. God’s not dead
4. Step Up All In
5. Beyond the Lights
Which television shows can you watch over and over again?
Cake Boss, That’s So Raven, Banged Up Abroad.
Pap and Beef Stew.
Water, Mixed Berries Ice Tea, Coke.
How do you relax?
Lying in bed listening to music, or watching movies with my roommate.
Which places would you still like to visit?
Italy and Paris.
What is your favourite moment of the day/week/year at the Conservatory?
Every day, seeing the unity that the Conservatory students have, always makes my day bright.