Instrument(s) / Discipline(s):
Piano, drums and acoustic guitar.
Period of study at the NWU School of Music / PU for CHE Department of Music:
Qualifications completed at the NWU / PU for CHE:
Qualifications completed elsewhere:
Bible School at the Every Nation Leadership Institute.
Notable professional achievements:
Director of Levi Music School (a worship school part of Tics Leadership institute).
And of course, having my twin girls was one of the most amazing experiences life can give — it made me put some of my music dreams aside for a while and focus on parenting, but I enjoy every moment of it!
Current professional position / occupation:
Worship Director, songwriter and worship leader at Every Nation Ministries int. (We are moving to Stellenbosch the 1st of May and will be one of the community pastor couples there.)
Top 5 must-hear music:
1. Forever performed by Kari Jobe
2. Piano Guys’ version of Bring him home from “Les Misérables”
3. My beloved by Kari Jobe
4. Chopin — 2nd movement from Piano Concerto No. 1 in e minor, Opus 11
5. Second Chance by Rend Collective Experiment
Which personal music experiences are most memorable to you?
• One of the first memorable moments in the performance arts was being able to take part in the 2007 Unisa South African Music Scholarship Concert.
• Being part of Every Nation, I get to share the stage with amazing musicians and work with incredibly talented people — such an honor to be able to do that on a weekly basis.
Top 5 must-read books:
1. Making the impossible possible by Willem Nel
2. The life you’ve always wanted by John Ortberg
3. Remember the roses by Lynette Lewis
“If your dream is so big it scares you, then you definitely have to pursue it!”
Top 5 must-see movies:
(I’m a bit of an action junkie)
1. Mom’s night out (true story!)
3. Pitch Perfect
Which television show(s) can you watch over and over again?
Survivor and Amazing Race.
Anything on a braai my husband makes.
Red cappuccino and strawberry milkshake
How do you relax?
Late afternoon strolls on the Fanie du Toit Sportsgrounds with my family. (Recently it became a run-stop-run experience since my children rather want to ride their bikes than having a stroll with mom and dad). And the occasional mountain bike adventure races with my husband also give a kick of relaxation!
Married to Hennie Botha and have 4 year-old twin girls, Shammei and Chené — the joy of my life!
Which places would you still like to visit?
It has been a dream for both my husband and I to travel Europe together.
What are your funniest / fondest memories of your time at the Conservatory?
In the evenings, me and my friends Rina (Kloppers) and Riana (Lundie) occasionally played funny pranks on the other students who were practising. The poor person in the organ hall … sorry Hanné, now you know who we are! There are so many good memories, and my dearest friends made it so worthwhile — practiced and studied hard, but having fun in-between and enjoyed every moment of it! And of course, practical with Dr Jetty van Rensburg, we had some wonderful and fun times!