Introducing every staff member and student’s best friend, our friendly music librarian.
Date of appointment:
1 June 2008 at Library Services. From January 2012 at the Music Library.
Who are/were your professional mentors/inspiration?
Not professionally, but I respect anyone from difficult circumstances who made a success of his/her life, not blaming everything and everyone.
Top 5 must-hear music:
Different music for different moods, anything with a good melody.
Which personal music experiences are most memorable to you?
Passing Grade 8 Piano — many years ago!
Top 5 must-read books:
So many books, so little time!
1. Earth’s Children series by Jean M Auel
2. Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
3. The Elephant Whisperer by Lawrence Anthony with Graham Spence
4. All the books written by Irma Joubert and Jodi Picoult
5. The Blue Bicycle by Regine Deforges
• “Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.” — Thomas Jefferson
• “When you sell a man a book, you don’t sell him just twelve ounces of paper and ink and glue — you sell him a whole new life.” — Christopher Morley
• “The world suffers a lot, not because of the violence of bad people, but because of the silence of good people” — Napoleon
Top 5 must-see movies:
1. Music of the Heart, Dangerous Minds
2. The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
3. Dirty Dancing, The Turning Point, Centre Stage, White Nights (dance and ballet movies)
5. Life of Pi
Which television shows can you watch over and over again?
Blue Bloods, NCIS, Strictly Come Dancing, CSI
Any food that I don’t have to prepare.
How do you relax?
Reading, holidays at the seaside.
Which places would you still like to visit?
Austria, Germany and Italy.
What is the ringtone on your cell phone?
Usual telephone ringtone.
What is your favourite moment of the day/week/year at the Conservatory?
The beginning of each year welcoming new students with expectations of a new phase of life. Exam results when library users did well.