Curriculum & Year:
BA Music & Society, 3rd year
Cello, Piano & Trumpet
Performing and teaching cello and music in general.
Top 5 must-hear music:
1. Boccherini — Cello Concerto in B-flat major, performed by Jacqueline du Pre
2. Haydn — Trumpet Concetto in E-flat major
3. Mendelssohn piano music
Which personal music experiences are most memorable to you?
The cello and organ concert last year by Anzel Gerber & Herman Jordaan.
Top 5 must-read books:
1. What doctors don’t tell you by Lynne McTaggart
2. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
3. Guards Guards by Terry Pratchett
4. African Sky Blue
5. Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
• A wise physician said, “The best medicine for humans is LOVE.” Someone asked, “If it doesn’t work?” He smiled and answered, “Increase the dose.”
• “Plan the plan before the plan plans you.” — My father
Top 5 must-see movies:
1. August Rush
2. Schindler’s List
3. Scary Movie 1
4. The Conjuring
5. Paranormal Activity
Which television shows can you watch over and over again?
The Big Bang Theory, My Wife and Kids, Two Broke Girls, Smallville, Ghost Whisperer, Grey’s Anatomy.
McDonald’s Big Mac, home cooked meals, pizza.
Black coffee, Powerade (Mountain Blast), Fanta (Orange)
How do you relax?
Sit and chat with friends and read a book and watch movies.
Which places would you still like to visit?
Sweden, Norway, New York, Italy.
What is the ringtone on your cell phone?
Nokia tune remix
What is your favourite moment of the day/week/year at the Conservatory?
Ensemble rehearsals and practical lessons.