Curriculum & Year:
BA Music & Society, 3rd year
To become a music teacher for children with special needs.
Top 5 must-hear music:
1. Anything by Katie Melua
2. Rudolf de Beer (NWU PUK Choir) — Lang dae
3. Eric Whitacre — Sleep
4. My friends from Sweeney Todd
5. Alice in Wonderland theme song
Which personal music experiences are most memorable to you?
• Sensation White 2013, live at the Coca-Cola Dome
• Every moment of being in the NWU PUK Choir
Top 3 must-read books:
1. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
2. Die Sakmense by Maretha Maartens
3. Nothing Lasts Forever by Sidney Sheldon
“One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” — Bob Marley
“Set your life on fire, seek those who fan your flames.” – Rumi
“To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play it without passion is inexcusable.” – Ludwig van Beethoven
Top 5 must-see movies:
2. The Switch
3. Because I said so
4. Sweeney Todd
5. My Fair Lady
Which television shows can you watch over and over again?
The Big Bang Theory & Cougar Town
Anything my mother cooks (and also McDonalds!)
Horlicks, Coke, sweet red wine
How do you relax?
I like spending time alone; hobbies which help me to relax include mosaic, building puzzles and sleeping.
Which places would you still like to visit?
Alaska, Namibia, Spain, New York.
What is the ringtone on your cell phone?
Paul van Dyk — Talk in Grey
What is your favourite moment of the day/week/year at the Conservatory?
The complete blankness in one’s mind when playing piano.