Date of appointment:
Saxophone & Singing
• Musical theatre
• Synergy (jazz band)
• Rock/pop band
Masters’ thesis: “Exploring lived experiences of music listening among rugby players: a phenomenology.”
Who are/were your professional mentors/inspiration?
My inspirations are Charlie Parker, Ella Fitzgerald, Idina Menzel, Kristin Chenoweth, Meryl Streep, Sara Ramirez, Hugh Jackman, Neil Patrick Harris, Stephen Sondheim and Jason Robert Brown. My professional mentor is Prof Karendra Devroop.
Top 5 must-hear music:
1. Kristin Chenoweth — The Girl in 14G
2. Ella Fitzgerald — April in Paris
3. Dave Sanborn — Maputo
4. Collective Soul — December
5. Charlie Parker — Now’s the time
Which personal music experiences are most memorable to you?
• When I saw Les Miserables on West End.
• When I watched Wicked at the Apollo Victoria Theatre in London.
• Watching Rent at the Greenwich Theatre in London.
• Performing in Cinema WOW! with The Dahlings at Oude Libertas in Stellenbosch.
• Performing Sandy in Grease at the Sanlam Auditorium.
• Performing with Antipode during Aardklop, KKNK, KykNet Buite Expo, amongst others.
• Performing with Synergy at various events.
Top 5 must-read books:
1. Papillon by Henri Charrière
2. Millennium Series by Stieg Larsson
3. Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy
4. Her daughter’s dream & Her mother’s hope by Francine Rivers
5. Belle & The Promise by Lesley Pearce
“Nothing is impossible. The word itself says, ‘I’m possible’!” — Audrey Hepburn
Top 5 must-see movies:
1. Last Vegas
3. The Score
4. The Devil wears Prada
5. The Bourne series
Which television shows can you watch over and over again?
Red wine (preferably Shiraz), G & T, a good whiskey
How do you relax?
I love to read a good book, sing, spend time with my husband, and a bit of retail therapy never hurt anyone!
Which places would you still like to visit?
Spain, Austria, Switzerland, South America, a few more places in Italy and America.
What is the ringtone on your cell phone?
Classic old phone sound.
What is your favourite moment of the day/week/year at the Conservatory?
• Whenever my students get something right.