Curriculum & Year:
MMus, 2nd year
Be the best that I can be and share that with my students/colleagues.
Top 5 must-hear music:
1. Eric Whitacre — When David heard that Absalom was slain
2. Marcello — Oboe Concerto
3. Beethoven — Piano Concerto No. 4
4. Handel — Sonata for Two Cellos & Piano
5. Martinu — Variations on a Slovak theme
I could go on … so much music, so little time.
Which personal music experiences are most memorable to you?
• Listening to (and watching) Beethoven’s Emperor Concerto live at the Linder.
• Accompanying Potch Girls’ High choir in Stellenbosch.
• All the sêr performances in the Oudit.
• Singing in the Rheinberger Chamber Choir.
Top 3 must-read books:
1. Chronicles of Brothers by Wendy Alec
2. Captivating by John Eldredge
3. Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer
“Don’t only practise your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the Divine.” — Ludwig van Beethoven
Top 5 must-see movies:
1. The Impossible
2. The Emperor
3. Titanic (classic)
4. The Lion King (I even know all the words)
5. The Blind Side
Which television shows can you watch over and over again?
Friends (3 × 10 seasons already)
Coffee anytime of the day/night
How do you relax?
• Mountain biking (it clears my head; not so relaxing for the body, though)
• Playing online dominoes/rummikub or Need for Speed
• Watching series (sitcoms & CSI)
• Listening to, or making music
Which places would you still like to visit?
What is the ringtone on your cell phone?
Starlight by Muse
What is your favourite moment of the day/week/year at the Conservatory?
Tuesday concert nights.